Ok so let’s talk vitamin A, a fabulous ingredient that has been clinically proven to reverse the signs of ageing in the skin as well has prevent them occurring.
There are many myths when it comes to the use of vitamin A – it thins your skin, it’s too harsh, it causes irritation… However when used in the correct way vitamin A can work magic like no other skincare ingredient!
Vitamin A is best used as a nighttime product and must always be used in conjunction with a good SPF during the day time – this is an absolute must! Vitamin A can be a powerful ingredient, which is why it needs to be gradually introduced to the skin, and used sparingly. The strength of a vitamin A product must also be taken into consideration, it’s not necessary to go straight in with the big guns to achieve good results.
We would recommend starting out with using vitamin A in a night time product 1-2 times weekly, very gradually building up to every other night. However it’s really important to work within your skins tolerance levels, if the skin becomes irritated, step it back down again. Once the balance is right, these are the benefits that you can look forward to achieving:
– A smoothing of lines and wrinkles as vitamin A stimulates brand new collagen production and actually thickens the dermis.
– A regulation of oil production that helps to reduce breakouts and unclog pores.
– A speed up of our cell turnover, resulting in a more youthful, radiant complexion, that naturally exfoliates itself.
– Quicker skin healing due to the faster production of new skin cells.
– Protection against environmental damage.
– Improved hydration levels of the skin.
If you want to know more, simply head to our social channels and drop us a DM!